Graham Crackers HERO Web Store

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hero Initiative Party at Long Beach!

My name’s Steve and I’m a 64-year-old fanboy (or fanman, I hope), and I’m here to tell you about the best part of Halloween weekend’s 2nd annual Long Beach Comic Con: The Hero Initiative’s Friday night meet-and-greet cocktail party!

I got to hang out with the Reverend Dave Johnson, comicdom’s funnest couple: Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, the cool Tim Bradstreet and the hot (in my wife's opinion) Tom Jane. Trust me, there are no introverts in that group, and there were only 20 party attendees altogether, so it was easy to get one-on-one time with everyone.
I can’t remember the last time I laughed so much and heard as many cool inside-the-world-of-comics stories. A few of the things that happened won’t see print here, so you’ll just have to attend the next one, but the highlights for me were when I did a little cigar smoking outside with Tom Jane, after he rocked the house singing with the local guitar-wielding troubadour, Keith…and when Amanda gave everyone a signed print of their choosing (like I could pick anyone other than Power Girl!), and the Reverend Dave marrying several couples. No, wait, wait, I made that last one up.

In case you haven’t met the Hero guys in person, let me assure you that they’re dedicated and serious about what they do, but a heck of a lot of fun to be with. So keep watching their website for their next get-together event, and jump on it!


No comments: